Ice cream is yummy, exciting, mouth-watering, interesting but sometimes is a difficult thing to make. Without the right equipment, you cannot make tasty ice cream.
We have made a list of the essential equipment for making ice cream below.
- Forks and Whisks: It is best to let your hands do most of the job. Whipping the cream using whisks is a way many ice cream makers like to make their ice cream. A balloon whisk is the best for this job. You can also have other tiny whisks on your racks. Forks are the best for blending, tasting, or prodding the flavours for the ice cream.
- Vitamix blenders: The best in the market for pulverization. They can be used to make purees or gazpacho as well. Check out FoodPlusIce to know more about these type of blenders.
- Icecream Machine: The most important equipment for making quality ice cream. However you don’t have to empty our pockets. Buy a reasonably priced one which does the job.
- Sieve: Texture is critical for good ice cream. Therefore sieving is a major step while making ice creams. When adding fruits for flavour, the seeds can get very annoying and sieve will come to your rescue at such times.
- Silicone spatulas and spoons: Ice creams are cold but sometimes making sauces and jams for it involves heat. Heat-proof silicone kitchenware will help you work at higher temperatures.
- Blowtorch: Crucial for any dessert that involves caramelization, blowtorch can add an oomph factor to your dish.
- Zeroll dishers: Scooping out cold and icy ice cream is difficult. The Zeroll dishers are a pro at doing this job for you easily. Its handle has a solution which transfers the heat from hand to the scooping bowl. Isn’t it the most convenient way to scoop out the ice cream?
- Spade spoons: They are the best way to enjoy hard ice cream because of the flat surface that is tapered at the end. You no longer need the teaspoons to eat your ice cream.
- Aprons: Making ice cream is a messy job especially when you are experimenting with new flavours. A long and sturdy apron that fits you well is a must in your kitchen. They should also be easy to wash to save you time and a pocket in the front to stuff towels is a bonus.
- Ziploc Freezer Bags: A great way to freeze your ice cream with a few hours is by using the Ziploc bags. They are even easy to use and later scoop out the ice cream.